The Sea Challenge program is one of the primary reasons we raise money. Since 1998,Sail Portsmouth has enabled 227 high school students to participate including 54 in 2019 and 39 in 2021. We expect to send at least 44 in 2022.
“Sea Challenge students learn what they can do, not what they’ve been told they cannot do.”
– Chad Chadwick, Former Board Chair, Sail Portsmouth
- Not every kid has an equal chance in life.
- On a Sea Challenge voyage, every student really learns about themselves.
- They learn about living with strangers on a traditionally rigged vessel 24/7.
- They learn to work with their shipmates.
- They assume responsibility for the ship and their mates.
- Sea Challenge kids think the experience is, “awesome”, “fun” and, even, “life changing”.
Once you donate, you automatically become a Sail Portsmouth member until the end of 2023. You will receive our digital newsletter and notices of coming events via email.